OUR WEBSITE                 VOLUNTEER                OUR SERVICES                NEWS                 CONTACT US

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Don't Know Anything About Horses But Love Them Anyway? or Musings From A Transplanted New Yorker

Musings From A Transplanted New Yorker

My name is Linda Magliola, my husband Bob and I have been volunteering at the rescue for about 2 years.  

I took this picture of Buddy and Hollywood and caught Buddy just right.  I have this hanging on a wall in my home.  


BUDDY A BLIND SANCTUARY HORSE WITH HIS GUIDE AND COMPANION HOLLYWOOD

We are from New York and have never been around horses, we are city folk.  After retiring to Aiken we wanted to get involve with a worthy cause and Aiken Rescue was it.  

I always loved horses thinking they were such majestic animals.  It is so peaceful and almost spiritual at the rescue, we enjoying being there.  

The past two years usually Bob and I  have been the only two people on Wednesday doing chores.  The past two months three other people have been showing up on Wednesdays and it has made things a lot easier for us.

Aiken Equine Rescue always welcomes volunteers. You don't have to know anything about horses to help out . For a list of some of our volunteer needs go to our website and click on our Volunteer page. We have a list of needs under Volunteer Interest.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. Castlebrook

    ReplyDelete